The internet waves (see what I did there) have been abuzz with news about the new reality show being filmed in Cape Town called Clifton Shores.
From what I’ve read so far about the show, it looks like it might be fun to watch.
The series is the first of its kind to be produced locally. It’s meant to be an upmarket show, nothing trashy.
Clifton Shores is the idea of a South African too – Quinton van der Burgh. He is the CEO of Burgh Group Holdings.
This is what the show is about -it follows the lives of 4 American women, all with past experience in the industry, who are brought to Cape Town to work for Quintessential, Van der Burgh’s events and marketing company, along with 3 South African women, who serve as their guides to life in our country.
The show follows them as they learn to live and work in the South African environment, and learn about the culture. There is also meant to be a lot of glamour, intrigue and drama – everything you’d expect from a reality show.
When the casting call for the show was posted online, this is what the character summaries were for each actress.
1. Shelley- All American Girl (Main Protagonist), 18 to 25 years old, very attractive, Caucasian. She is the girl next door who’s sweet, aspiring, clever and wholesome. She comes from a privileged home background with a close family.
2. Trisha- Becomes the antagonist, 18-25 years old, very attractive, Caucasian or African American. Fun, flirty, street smart, savvy, party girl. Trisha is more confident on the outside than on the inside. Aspires to acting/modeling, also comes from a privileged family. She thinks life is an easy ride because everything gets given to her.
3. Tammy- The new BFF, 18 to 25 years old, attractive, Caucasian or African American. She is ambitious, determined, vivacious, bubbly and smart. Tammy has some work and business experience, hard-working and fun-loving. Tammy has a gift, she sings like an angel. She is the type of person who has a gift but is too shy to share it.
4. Bianca- The troublemaker, 18 to 25 years old, attractive, Caucasian or African American. Feisty, model, bitter-sweet, manipulative, fun, ambitious and a tease. She should have some aspirations or experience in acting/modeling. SHe is fun to be around, but has a nasty streak and she only wants to hang out with the crowd.
5. Rick- 20 to 25 years old, attractive, Caucasian or African American. The all American bad boy. Loveable, rogue, ladies man, naughty by nature, street smart. Rick is in to extreme sports, sponsored by a big brand label. Where Rick goes, trouble follows.
6. Josh- 20-25 years old, attractive, Caucasian or African American. The all American boy, handsome, respectful, honest, good guy. He is an extreme sports adventure lover- party animal. Josh was born to be free and take life by its horns and challenge it.
7. Skye- 20-25 years old, attractive, Caucasian. Lazy, arrogant, opinionated. Skye is a model and is very much in the fashion and commercial scene in Cape Town. He’s on the VIP list at every party and club and he knows the who’s who on the social scene. He is smart, good looking, gambles on line to make cash.
I think the idea might have change though, because they requires some young sexy hunks as well, but I haven’t seen anything mentioned in the latest news about there being some guys.
If you find out more info, let me know and I’ll do a follow-up post.