If you want to know what your favourite South African personality is wearing, then you should follow the SA Style Awards.
Founded and produced by popular publicist Jillian Grogor of Zebra Square, the event is14 years old and has become a much anticipated occasion on the South African fashion and social calendar.
This year the event will take place at the Nelson Mandela Square, where proceedings will begin by the guests being greeted with a red carpet arrival and champagne reception, followed by a dinner banquet and awards ceremony. The style award winners are nominated by judges from Johannesburg, Cape Town and Durban. The ceremony will be in November 2010.
Each of the judges is commissioned to nominate two people who they believe to be outstandingly stylish in the ten following categories:
· Most Innovative Style
· Most Stylish Performing Artist (Film)
· Most Stylish Performing Artist (Music)
· Most Stylish Model
· Most Stylish Designer
· Most Stylish Media Personality
· Most Stylish Couple
· Most Stylish Business Person
· Style Icon
Last year’s winners were:
- Most stylish business person: Mamelodi Sundowns and Bafana Bafana player Matthew Booth
- Most stylish Model: Lady Kitty Spencer, who is daugher of Earl Charles Spencer and Victoria Aitken and is the late Princess Diana’s niece- she also took home the overall wining award of Most Stylish Person.
- Most stylish performer in music: Pop singer Xander Ferreira
- Most Innovative spunk: Smarteez
- Most Stylish Media Personality: Glamour magazine editor Pnina Fenster
- Most stylish designer: Gavin Rajah
- Style Icon: Former Miss Universe Michelle McLean
- Most Stylish performing artist in film: Nina Milner
- Most stylish couple: Unathi and Thomas Msengana
1 – http://www.izindaba.co.za/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&layout=item&id=830&Itemid=154
2 – http://blogs.timeslive.co.za/beautifulyoungthings/2010/09/13/style-awards-are-coming-soon/
3 – http://blogs.timeslive.co.za/beautifulyoungthings/2009/11/16/13th-annual-south-african-style-awards-at-nelson-mandela-square-and-michaelangelo-ballroom-in-sandton/